Ahhh, the first week of fall. The air is getting crisper, we’re breaking out the riding boots and cozy sweaters, and pumpkin-spice everything is available everywhere.
But there’s another staple of fall that is often overlooked – apples! In honor of apple picking season, here’s a delicious cocktail to serve when you’ve returned home from the orchards, or even during Sunday brunch! It’s apple crisp, in a glass.
- 1 oz Monin gingerbread syrup
- 2 oz Bacardi Big Apple rum
- 2 oz apple juice
- Splash of lemon juice
- Apple slice (for garnish)
- Place 1/2 cup of simple syrup and 4 tablespoons of graham cracker crumbs on separate plates.
- Dip outside rim of martini glass into simple syrup, then into graham cracker crumbs several times to ensure coverage. Set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine rum, gingerbread syrup, apple juice and lemon juice.
- Shake with ice in a cocktail shaker and strain into rimmed martini glass.
- Garnish with red apple slice.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Cocktail Times.