Oh heeey guess what. It’s going to snow this weekend. Again. For the THIRD time this week. Seriously. I got nothin’ else for ya folks – it’s going to snow and I am about ready to just give up on life and move to Alaska. I bet there’s less snow there.
So in between shoveling and defrosting, whip yourself up one of these toasty and delicious drinks. You’re welcome.
- 8 cups apple cider
- 1 apple, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 orange, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 cups dark rum
- In a large pot, combine the apple cider, apple slices, orange slices, ginger slices and cinnamon sticks.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the rum.
Note: The apple cider mixture can be kept warm over low heat for up to 2 hours before adding the rum and serving.