Ahhh, summer. After what is probably the worst winter in the history of winters (we actually broke some snowfall records) it’s finally, finally, warm here in New England.
And with warm weather comes lots of entertaining and gathering. From here on out, my husband (oh, that’s fun to say!) and I are booked pretty much every weekend until August with weddings, showers, and graduation parties galore! Some weekends, we’re even splitting up because we’re double booked with events for my family/friends and events for his family/friends!
So if you’re one of the lucky ones who’s hosting an event this summer – or even if you’re just looking to make a batch of something delicious to sip on this weekend, look no further!
Strawberry Gin Smash
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 limes, juiced, about 4 tablespoons
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- 2 cups gin
- 3 cups club soda
- Fresh mint sprigs, to garnish
- Muddle the sugar and limes in a pitcher that holds at least 8 cups (64 ounces).
- Set aside 6 to 8 small strawberries and make a small slice in their tips.
- Hull and slice the remaining strawberries and muddle the slices lightly with the sugar and lime juice.
- Stir in the gin and club soda and pack the pitcher full of ice.
- Add mint sprigs to garnish.
- Pour into ice-filled glasses and garnish with a strawberry, slotted onto the edge of the glass.
You can also make this ahead of time and simply hold off on adding the ice cubes and club soda until you’re ready to serve!