It’s Friday, which means one thing here at The Blogtini – Cocktail Hour!
During the last Olympics my husband and I hosted a “Beer Olympics” during the Opening Ceremony that ended up just being a group of people sitting around drinking and heckling the TV. This time around we’ve decided to be a little bit more organized about it – we’ve asked everyone to select a country to represent, we’ll be following along with Buzzfeed’s Olympic Opening Ceremony drinking game, and we’ve got a few other games (some solo, some that require alliances between countries) on tap. Because we’re grownups and super mature. We’ll also be setting up our projector and huge screen in the driveway and streaming the Opening Ceremony using our Amazon Fire Stick … the world is such a different place when you own your own home and are a full-fledged adult!
Moving on! To celebrate everything that’s great about today, here’s a gold medal worthy drink straight from Delish.com. And also, it’s tres classy.
- 2 cups of Rosé, divided
- 1 1/4 cups of Sugar
- 3 cups of Frozen Raspberries
- 1/2 cups of Fresh Raspberries
- Mint, for garnish
- In a saucepan, heat 1 cup of rose and the sugar. Bring to a boil, whisking until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- In a blender, combine the frozen raspberries and half of the rose syrup.
- Blend until smooth.
- Taste and add more syrup if desired. The put into a loaf pan and freeze for 1 hour.
- Scoop out portions of the now frozen rose and sugar mixture and pour more rose over it to make floats. Add fresh raspberries and garnish with mint, if desired.